Friday, February 10, 2012

Girls Date!

Last night I expressed my womanliness in the best way I know how to.... Having a girlfriend over for wine and dessert! It was so fantastic :) 3 hours of cabernet sauvignon, chocolate and wonderful conversation!




For our chocolate, I found a new recipe from The Cake Mix Doctor. If you've never seen this book, you have to check it out. Ah-Maz-Ing stuff!

http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/

I made Chocolate Mocha Chewies and it was super simple. Just mix up a devil's food cake mix (Mom said Duncan Hines was my best choice), brewed coffee, butter, an egg, and chocolate chips. Then  you make drop globs onto the cookie sheet and bake for a few minutes.  My oven doesn't stay the right temp so my batches went from 9 minutes to 7 to 5. :)



Then I got everything all set up and ready to go. Being surrounded by boys the way that I am, I don't add a  womanly touch to things very often. It's nice to put a lil extra effort into things now and again.



As delicious as the chewies and cab were, the most rewarding part of the evening was the conversation. I don't get to spend nearly as much time as I would like to with my girlfriends, allowing me to truly appreciate the time I do have with them. Women form a bond completely differently than men do. Time spent together is a very important part of that bond. Sure there are people you can go months without seeing or talking to and pick up right where you left off when you get back together; however, those are few and far between. Either way, spending quality time with friends is something we should all try to do more often and none of us should take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment